There are bank and automated teller machines (ATM) within the campus.
Services offered at the bank include opening of bank account, savings, remittance, foreign currency exchange, and cashing of travellers cheques. Students can also withdraw cash or use other banking services via the ATM located in the campus.
To open an account, the following documents are required:
- Campus Card;
- Identification Card/Passport;
- Residence permit (for non-local residents); and
- Proof of residential address (such as utility bills, residential testimonial issued by UM, or rental contract)
Fees and Charges
For environment-friendly purposes, the debit note is in an electronic format that includes all the related charges (i.e. tuition, dormitory, insurance, etc.) with the specified payment period. The “E-Debit Note” can be accessed through the SI website: https://isw.umac.mo/siweb/ -> Student Account Enquiry -> E-Debit Note. Please read the important instructions carefully at the back of the E-Debit note before making the payment.
Upon the issue of a debit note, you will receive a SMS message once you have set up the function via the SI website (https://isw.umac.mo/siweb/) -> Personal Info -> SMS Mobile Number, and a notice to your student e-mail account that is assigned by the ICTO of the University: https://webmail.umac.mo/ . The fees payment schedule of academic year 2018/2019 can be found at FO homepage: https://fo.umac.mo/student/tuition_fee/payment_schedule/
The payment methods are as follows for your easy reference:
For details, please visit the FO’s homepage: https://fo.um.edu.mo/⇒Student ⇒ Tuition fee ⇒ Payment Method.
Students are required to fully settle the tuition fees and other fees within the payment period indicated on the debit note. If you are in financial difficulties, you may seek assistance from the Student Affairs within the application period for the payment by instalments.
The late payment will only be accepted by Bank of China Macau Branch on/before the due date of late payment of the debit note. Payment made pass the due date of late payment (except tuition fee) will only be accepted with the endorsement from relevant authorized units such as Residential College or Postgraduate House as appropriate. The overdue administrative charge is 3% on the amount due. In addition, all students must fully settle their outstanding fee to become a registered student.
You can settle the E-Debit Note by presenting it during the settlement period at the Bank of China, Macau Branch, or the Banco Nacional Ultramarino.
You can settle the E-Debit Note through the e-banking services of Bank of China (BOC), Banco Nacional Ultramarino (BNU), or Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). ICBC will charge the student MOP1 for each on-line banking transaction. On-line payment has to be settled through the e-banking service of the bank before 19:00 on the due date; otherwise, it will be considered as late payment. If you are a UM Affinity cardholder, you can also settle the E-Debit Note with UM Affinity card through the e-banking services of BNU. Details can be obtained from the banks.
By Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)
You can make a remittance directly to the bank account of the University of Macau (UM) through any local banks in your own country. You may refer to the bank information of UM at the Finance Office homepage: https://fo.um.edu.mo/ by selecting Student ⇒ Tuition Fee ⇒ Payment Method ⇒ Tuition Fee Payment Instructions. You should provide the bank account information of UM in English in your remittance application, so as to ensure the clarity and validity of each transfer. All remittance charges are borne by the payer. You should write your student number and contact information (e.g. e-mail address or phone number) on the receipt and e-mail to the Treasury Section of the Finance Office at email@example.com. Please keep the receipt properly for future reference. The remittance required around 7 working days to process. If payments received by UM cannot be verified or the payment is not sufficient for outstanding fees, you will be requested to make supplementary payment. You should ensure your remittance is received by UM on or before the due date. Otherwise, it will be considered as late payment.
By Cashier Order / Bank Draft (Post-dated / Personal Cheques / Cash are not accepted)
You can purchase a cashier order / bank draft payable to the “University of Macau”. The payment order should be enclosed with detailed information such as application number (for tuition fee or non-refundable deposit payment), student name, student number, purpose of payment, and contact information (e.g. e-mail address or phone number).
In order to avoid postal delay and to ensure that the payments are received before the deadline, please deliver the payment order together with enclosures by registered post or by courier.
After settling the debit note, the settlement status of the debit note will be updated in the SI Web (https://isw.umac.mo/siweb/) accordingly.
For debit note settled through local banks: Payment information is normally received by UM within 3 working days and updated into the SI Web accordingly. You may enquire the settlement status on the 4th working day after you have made the payment.
For debit note settled by telegraphic transfer: Payment information is normally received by UM within 7 working days and updated into the SI Web accordingly. You may enquire the settlement status on the 8th working day after you have made the payment.
- All fees are charged in MOP. Any payment in foreign currency should be made equivalent to the payable amount. Students are required to settle the underpayment due to the conversion of foreign currency to MOP.
- Payments should be made before the stated due date; otherwise late payment will only be accepted with endorsement obtained from the relevant office, and according to the University’s rules and regulations, a relevant administrative charge (3% of the overdue balance payment) will be levied.
- There are corresponding bank charges for the handling of payment by T/T, the actual fee varies from bank to bank and the University retains the rights to make claims for any underpayment as a result of bank charges or conversion of foreign currency to MOP.
- For handling of payment by cashier order or bank draft not issued by Macau local banks (Post-dated / Personal cheques are not accepted), a fee of MOP50 per payment order will be levied by the bank and is borne by the payer. The said fee may vary from the actual amount charged by different banks and the University retains the right to make claims for any underpayment as a result of bank charges.
- For the purpose of University’s reimbursement/refund of security deposit & other refund/payment to you via Autopay, please set up / update your autopay bank details toy to https://isw.umac.mo/siweb/ ⇒ Personal Info ⇒ Autopay.